Class of 1967 - Golden Anniversary!
Friday, May 12, 2017
"While We Were Away"
The Alumni Office welcomes you back to campus to join fellow classmates for various activities throughout the day.
Events include a tour of campus, lots of socializing, walking with the current graduating class and the highlight event - Golden Anniversary Reunion Dinner where you can tell everyone what you've been doing for the past 50 years!
Classmates are invited to walk in the Commencement Procession on Saturday, May 13 with current graduates - it is a wonderful experience!
Planning on attending? Contact the Office of Alumni Relations and University Activities by email at email@example.com or call us at (800) 992-6682 x2030 to rsvp so we can plan ahead for your arrival.
- A special Thank You to the 1967 Reunion Committee for their efforts to contact classmates - you may recieve a call from one of them soon!
- Check this site often for up-to-the date information and see who has signed up to come
- The Sebring Mansion Inn & Spa, where several reunion activities are planned for the weekend, has rooms available. Contact them directly for the discounted event rate by calling (330) 938-0423. World Class Lodging.
- Click here for a list of Alliance area hotels.
- Campus housing is available free of charge in a campus residence hall however you must bring your own bedding & towels as campus does provide those items. Pre-registration for campus housing is required prior to arriving on campus.
2017 Schedule of Events
Subject to change
Friday, May 12
- Noon-2 p.m.: Official Check-in and informal lunch
Campus Grounds, Hoover Price Campus Center
Social time to catch up with classmates! Event is free for alum and one guest. $10 for additional guests.
- 2 - 4 p.m.: Campus Tour
Step off from the HPCC after lunch for a tour of campus to view iconic plus new buildings including memorial benches for classmates. We will have golf carts.
- 4 -6 p.m.: Time to freshen up
- 6:00 p.m.: Golden Anniversary Reunion
Sebring Mansion Inn & Spa, 385 West Ohio Avenue, Sebring
Classmates have the opportunity to mingle and socialize to reacquaint with one another. At 7:30 p.m. join us in the ballroom to comment on what you've been doing for the past 50 years. A group photo will also be taken. Heavy appetizers and desserts included throughout the evening. Cost is $40 per person or $75 per couple
Due to limited parking, the Sebring Mansion has requested that we utilize their valet parking service (free). Rooms are available to stay at the Sebring Mansion - give them a call and mention Mount Union for a discount!
Saturday, May 13
- 9 a.m.: 1967 Reunion Memorial Service, Dewald Chapel
- 10:30 a.m.: Baccalaureate (optional), Field House
- 11:30 a.m.: Commencement Luncheon (optional; reservation required), HPCC.
12:45 p.m.: Processional Robing begins for those taking part in the Commencement procession (spouses head to reserved seating at the ceremony)
1:15 p.m.: Procession line-up for those walking in Commencement (group photo taken)
1:30 p.m.: Commencement Ceremony, Field House
Classmates will walk with the procession in cap and gown and be recognized as a class during the ceremony. They will sit together as a group. Walking as part of the ceremony is optional - all are invited to attend the ceremony. Following the ceremony, please return the Regalia rental in the Timken gym.
Look Who's Coming:
- Nancy (Ward '67) & Bruce Beeghly
- Bette Chambless '67
- Linda & Robert '67 DeHoff
- Maureen (Cassidy '67) & Charley '65 Gillmer
- Larry Graves '67
- Cathie (Franks '69) & Eric '67 Johnson
- Sue (Dugle '67) & Ed '68 March
- Bob McClain '67
- Karen (Van Voorhis '67) & Dennis Moriarty
- Kate (Carr '67) & Bill '67 Morris
- Janet (Brown '67) & Mickey '67 Muffet
- Beryl (Berger '67) & Les '67 Peine
- Patricia & Frank '67 Sachire
- Beth (Philippbar '67) & John Shephard
- Amy (Moreland '67) & John Wheeler
Directions to Sebring Mansion
Take State Street/US-62 East out of Alliance (about 4 miles). Turn left onto Johnson Rd/21st Street towards Sebring. Go over the train tracks and turn right at the stop sign onto W. Ohio Avenue. Sebring Mansion will be on your right just past 18th Street. 385 W. Ohio Avenue
Are you interested in participating in the Commencement Procession?
Contact the Alumni Office with the following Regalia details:
- Institution Name & Degree
- You are welcome to bring your own Regalia
- There is no rental fee for Regalia
- Please RSVP by April 15 if you require Regalia so an order may be placed