Why support through membership gifts?
M Club membership gifts enhance the Club's ability to provide support to the current athletic programs at the University as well as continue to fund the functions of the club. M Club Membership Gift Levels are designed to promote enthusiasm and financial support for Raider athletics at a level you are comfortable with. The levels provide an opportunity to maintain and establish relationships through programming and fundraisers while providing current student athletes with equipment or opportunities not necessarily available through the department's budget.
Most recent examples of M Club support are:
- Annual Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
- OAC Champion dinners for Volleyball, Cross Country & Indoor Track Teams
- Raider Rally for Football Team (Div IIII National Champions)
- Windows for the Baseball Press Box
- Javelin's for Track Team
- Donation to the Dan Gorman Sophomore Prize
- Purchased warm-up gear for Men's Soccer & Men's Basketball
- Purchased referee pole pads for Volleyball
- Sponsor of the Women's Basketball ShootoutTournament
- Sponsor of the Men's Basketball HolidayTournament
- Assisted with signage at newly renovated facilities
- Purchased Softball field tarp
- Purchased team travel bags for the Swimming and Softball teams
- Purchased team game chairs for the Volleyball, Basketball, and Wrestling teams
- Assisted the Wrestling team purchase new mats
- 1946 and 1947 Sports Reunion in 2008
- Provided team dinner and a night at a NBA game during a Men's Basketball tournament in Arizona
- A bench was purchased in honor of M Club member and long time Club supporter Hugh Jae
Future examples of what M Club could support with your membership gift:
- Entry fees for volleyball, soccer, and basketball teams to participate in more competitive tournament play
- Travel expenses beyond budgetary means for teams to compete outside of Ohio
Hall of Fame:
Each year, Mount Union honors a select group of former student-athletes, coaches and athletic supporters with induction into the M Club Hall of Fame during a ceremony luncheon. Campus recognition of the inductees takes place during half-time of the football game.
There are three categories of membership: M Club Hall of Fame, M Club Award of Excellence and Honorary M Club member. In order for a someone to be selected for the Hall of Fame, they must be nominated by a M Club member!
The Hall of Fame Selection Committee reviews the criteria used for Hall of Fame selection and decided that the following guidelines would continue to be used as the basis for selection:
'The record and character of the individual must be so outstanding that there is no question as to his or her qualifications.'
M Club Committees:
Three committees exist within the M Club organizational structure:
- The Nominations/Hall of Fame Committee is responsible for the review and selection of the prestigious M Club Hall of Fame inductees yearly. This committee is also responsible for reviewing the bylaws annually to ensure their appropriateness.
- The Events Committeecoordinates social gatherings used to build camaraderie as well as raise funds for the operation of M Club events. These events may include golf outings, reverse raffles and any other special events planned at particular sporting events.
- The Special Projects Committee develops and oversees projects such as the Ring Fund, Scholarship projects such as the Wable Scholarship and any other special projects deemed worthy of the club's support.