Join fellow alumni and community members as we honor our finest by announcing this year's award recipients for the Dodie Davis Alumni Service Award (given to an alumni who graduated more than 15 years ago), the McKinley Fellow Award (presented to a non-alumni), and the Young Alumni Award. These awards are the highest honors bestowed by the alumni association and the college. For a list of past recipients of these awards click the link below.
- The Luncheon will take place in the large white tent located in the King Hall parking lot beginning at 11:00 a.m. (Rain or shine).
- Game day or casual attire is appropriate.
- $15 per person, children age 10 and under $10 (children are encouraged to attend Camp MUCaw). Pre-registration is required but walk-ups will be accepted if room is available.
- Online registration is available from the Schedule of Events page.
- If you are not an alum but are interested in attending this event, please contact the Office of Alumni Relations and University Activities directly at 330-823-2030 or email@example.com.
2010 Award Recipients:
- The Dodie Davis Service Award is presented to Joel '78 & Kathleen (Johnson '79) Sassa. This award was established in 1942 and is presented in recognition of outstanding achievement in a chosen or professional field and for service to the College or community. The award represents the highest non-academic honor an alumnus/alumna can receive from the College. In 2003 the award was renamed in honor of Dodie Davis '62 for 35 years of service and dedication to the institution.
- The Young Alumni Award is presented to Gretchen Schuler, class of 1996. The young alumni award recognizes graduates within the past 15 years for their outstanding support, leadership and dedication to the college on many levels since their graduation from the institution.
- The McKinley Service Award is presented to Dr. Len Epp, Professor of Biology. This award is named for former U.S. President William McKinley, who was a member of the Mount Union Board of Trustees and worked as a friend of the institution for many years. This award honors a select group of individuals who have had a significant impact on Mount Union as non-alumni.
Past Service Award Winners